Policies & Procedures
The world as we know it has been turned upside down by this COVID-19 crisis. As we enter our 22nd year of dance excellence, The Dance Connection is committed to creating the healthiest, happiest, and safest environment for our dancers, families, teachers, staff, guests and community. Please help us help you and your dancer to prepare for our “new normal” by reviewing the guidelines below, based on the Massachusetts Workplace Safety and Re-Opening Standards for Youth Amateur Sports Activities – Phase II. In-studio class sizes will be limited to allow social dis-dance-ing. Simultaneous virtual classes will also be available for our dancers. Please remember this is a fluid situation and the guidelines change often and rapidly. We ask for your patience as policies & procedures may change. We will communicate any and all changes as they occur. We understand this is a lot of information. If you have any questions/concerns, please contact us. We are here to help! We are all in this together and together we will make this happen! We are ready to dance with you all again. We hope you are ready too! To reach the TDC Office Staff or Miss Shauna, Studio Owner, please call (781) 573-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your dancer has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms; i.e. fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, loss of taste/smell, nausea or vomiting and/or diarrhea or in general has not been feeling well, please DO NOT bring them to dance.
- All dancers, teachers and staff must show no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days before entering the dance studio.
- Temperature checks and health questionnaires will be conducted on every person entering the studio building. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees F will not be permitted to remain in the building.
- Facial coverings must be worn by everyone entering & exiting the building and when in a common area (lobby, reception area, waiting room, hallway).
- Dancers are not required to wear their facial covering while dancing. All teachers & staff will wear them while teaching and conducting studio business.
- Dancers must arrive to class and be picked up on time.
- All dancers, teachers & staff will remain at least 6 feet apart to the greatest extent possible.
- There will be a limited number of dancers/teachers allowed in each studio. The maximum numbers are as follows: Studio #1 – 12; Studio #2 – 9; Studio #3 – 7.
- The waiting room/lobby will be closed to all parents, siblings, family members, etc. Dancers will be greeted at the entrance door, by a member of the TDC staff, and escorted to their designated space in their assigned studio.
- All dancers will exit and be picked up, at the conclusion of their class, at the exit door (on the right side of the building). No child will be left unattended and will not be allowed to exit into the parking lot without a parent, family member, etc.
- Class start and end times will be staggered, as best possible, to eliminate gatherings at the entrance/exit.
- Each dancer will have a marked 6’ x 6’ square to dance in. They will also have a designated square to keep their personal belongings in.
- Hand holding, hugs and high fives will not be allowed. ☹
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available around the building for the use of all students, teachers, and staff.
- Everyone entering/exiting the building will be required to sanitize their hands upon entrance/exit.
- Dancers must arrive to the studio dressed appropriately for their class. Clothing changes will not be allowed before, after or during class.
- Street shoes must be removed before entering each studio.
- Dancers and staff should only bring what is necessary for class. No big dance bags, stuffed animals, pillows, etc will be allowed. Everything brought into the studio must remain in the studio with your dancer in their designated spot.
- Cubbies and coat racks will NOT be in use, until further notice.
- Water bottles MUST have the dancer’s name on it and MUST leave the studio with the dancer. No outside food or drink is allowed inside the studio.
- Anything left in the studio each night will be thrown away so please be sure your dancer collects all his/her belongings before leaving the parking lot.
- If dancers have a break in-between classes, they will be encouraged to sit outside, weather permitting, and maintain social distancing. (This only applies to older dancers).
- Individual tumbling mats will be used by (1) student for the duration of each class. Each mat will be disinfected at the end of each class.
- Bathrooms will be designated to certain studios and used only by the students & staff using those studios.
- Bathroom breaks will be organized for each class and facilities will be cleaned after each break. Hand washing with soap and water will be required before returning to the studio. Having your dancer use the bathroom before coming to class would be a great help!
Staffing & Operations
- Classes will be scheduled, as best possible, to keep most of the same dancers together in the same studio space. Teachers will rotate each studio. Teachers will be required to sanitize their hands before entering and exiting each studio.
- All TDC Staff will be educated on social distancing, hygiene and cleaning protocols.
- TDC will maintain a log (name, phone number or email address & date) of dancers, staff, parents and any other persons who remain on-site for a sustained period of time to facilitate contact tracing, in the event someone tests positive for the virus.
- All parents are highly encouraged to use the Parent Portal on the TDC website to pay their tuition or place their credit card on file in the Parent Portal for automatic charges. Credit cards can also be accepted over the telephone by a member of the Office Staff. Cash will be accepted. We do not accept personal checks.
- Shoe & apparel fittings will be by appointment only. Please contact the Office Staff to make an appointment.
- Meetings with a staff member or studio owner; discussions about classes, accounts, etc. should be initiated over the telephone. In-person meetings will be by appointment only. Please contact the Office Staff via email to initiate this email@example.com
- Please do not congregate in the parking lot before/after classes.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Classes times will be staggered to allow the cleaning of each studio (doorknobs, light switches and floors) before the next class begins.
- All high touch surface areas will be sanitized at the conclusion of each class.
- Cleaning logs will be kept that will include date, time, and scope of cleaning.
- In the event of a positive case, the studio will be shut down for a deep cleaning and disinfecting, in accordance with the current state guidelines.